Salem Media of Hawaii is seeking Full-time Account Executives with radio and/or media sales experience for a seven radio station cluster in the Hawaii market.
A Salem Communications Account Executive generates revenue by developing market potential through managing an account list, prospecting new accounts, lead generation, qualifying new opportunities and extending existing ones, proposing solutions to clients, providing reasonable and reliable projections, and closing sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meets or exceeds established monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
• Identifies market potential by qualifying accounts
• Initiates sales process by cold calling and prospecting, scheduling appointments, making initial presentation
• Understands business needs, developing proposals, closing sales
• Closes sales by building rapport with potential clients, expounding on the benefits of Salem’s three radio properties in Minneapolis and other resources; overcoming objections, etc.
• Expands sales in existing accounts by introducing additional solutions and services
• Participates in all new revenue opportunities
• Collects payments due to station
• Contributes information to market strategy by monitoring competitive radio stations and other media products and reactions from clients
• Participates in station promotional events, supporting each event as determined by management
• Identifies client needs to be filled
• Responsible for keeping commitments in a timely manner and resolving issues promptly
• Accountable for customer satisfaction and providing high quality service in
representing Salem Communications
• Other duties as assigned from time to time
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years sales experience
• Excellent presentation skills
• Outstanding communications skills, both oral and written
• Ability to effectively communicate and interface with peers as well as executive level management
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Excellent organizational skills, able to set priorities, and responsive to customer requests and management.
• Demonstrated ability to meet critical deadlines
• Highly self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing preferred
· Must have full use of insured and reliable vehicle and cell phone
Please visit our website for more information about Salem at www.salem.cc.
If you posses these qualifications and Salem Media of Hawaii sounds like the company for you, please submit your cover letter and resume with “Account Executive” in the subject line email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Salem Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer